Hi to all my readers!
I recently decided to take more time out of my work to play with technologies and have fun with programming 🙂
This blog will follow my adventures.
I don’t really have any precise idea, or field, of what I’ll play with. My background is mostly with backend services and networking, I will probably fiddle with things that are completely different. Some should revolve around Linux/Ruby, maybe I will get into bigger projects that are web-based, android apps, frameworks, etc. One thing is for sure, I want to contribute to other people’s open source projects.
That should be it for my current goals on this blog, I should try to write a few times a week, but it’ll depend on my load at work. One thing is for sure: I plan on writing a monthly overview of what I worked on in that month, to make me accountable and to force me to make progress.
Any feedback is welcome!
Currently on my E-Reader
|I'm currently reading Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners. I got this book in a HumbleBundle deal a while back. As the name suggest, it looks really basic, but contains information about a lot of libraries.|
- Custom initializer when subclassing Dry::Struct (9/25/2020) Posted in: ruby - Here is how I wrote my custom initializer to have a subclass require less information than its base when subclassing Dry::Struct. Continue Reading
- Empty space between tiles in Unity (9/18/2020) Posted in: unity - While playing with Unity, I was always ending up with weird space between my tiles. Here is how I ended up fixing the empty space between tiles in Unity. Continue Reading
- Using SemanticLogger with Highline in Ruby (9/11/2020) Posted in: ruby - For a project of mine, I decided to use SemanticLogger with Highline in Ruby. I ended up having a few issues, here is how I fixed them. Continue Reading
- Using HK2 in a basic Jersey Web Service (9/14/2019) Posted in: java - I've come to love dependency injection in .NetCore, and wanting to get better in Java, I decided to explore using HK2 in a basic Jersey Web Service. Continue Reading
- Why I’m not using Dagger2 on my project (9/4/2019) Posted in: java - I wanted to add dependency injection to a Java side-project. After a bit of experimenting, here is why I'm *not* using Dagger2 on that project. Continue Reading
- Filesystem auto-complete while using docker in WSL (12/28/2018) Posted in: docker - For me, the only way to use docker on Windows is through WSL. Here is how I got filesystem auto-complete while using docker in WSL. Continue Reading
- Running screen in WSL (7/25/2018) Posted in: tools - In order to simulate multi-tabs in WSL, I decided to use screen. Here is how I managed to get my user into running screen in Windows Subsystem for Linux. Continue Reading
- Docker command line in WSL (6/19/2018) Posted in: docker - Containers and Docker is the norm out there nowadays, but using it on Windows can be painful. Here is how I've been using Docker in WSL. Continue Reading
- Interacting with Google Tasks on Android (2/20/2018) Posted in: java - In this quick tutorial, I investigate how to interact with Google Tasks on Android. From service configuration to all the code needed! Continue Reading
- How to access Google APIs and services using Android (2/12/2018) Posted in: google - I've been playing with Google Tasks on various platform, it is now time for a quick tutorial on accessing Google APIs and services using Android. Continue Reading